I am Jenny Simpson, but more commonly known in class as Ms. Jenny. I go by my first name, because there are many Ms. Simpson’s out there, but only one of me. It’s easier for young people, and for me.

I grew up on a farm near Quesnel, BC, where I discovered crafting, gardening, agriculture, and a hands on approach to learning. I After high school, I attended CNC, COTR, and UNBC, acquired a Bachelor of Arts degree, and became a mother before realizing what I want to be when I grow up. During this time, I often found myself teaching craft classes, or training fellow/new employees. I had my first chance to teach in a school setting as a course instructor at UNBC. I loved it! Later, thanks to the teacher shortage in BC, I got to try out being a non-certified Teacher Teaching on Call. I was able to take over for a teacher on leave, and taught the same group of middle school students through most of the year. I loved the experiences so much that I decided to get certified, and now I’ve acquired the knowledge and skills from the UNBC Teacher Education Program to begin my teaching career.

I feel called to teach at a Christian school someday, as I feel this would honor my grandparents who guided me through much of life, as well as my own religious inclinations. Additionally, I would prefer middle or high school levels, as I feel this would best utilize my experience and skills. I like to focus on building connections with my students, discerning their learning styles and unique interests to promote student advocated learning. I look forward to working with teenagers, as I believe there is no group of people having more fun on a regular basis.